New kid on the block

  • aporanee
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hi. I just joined. I love traditional knitting, especially Aran and
      fairisle. I got lucky and found the book at my local library. I do
      not know about copyright stuff, but if anybody could advise me if it is
      legal to make copies for friends (or fellow knitalongers) for PERSONAL
      USE ONLY I am willing to copy it and send it to you free of charge. I
      have a color copier at home. But I will only do it if it is LEGAL and
      for personal use only and no charge.

      Any lawyer in the group?

      I wonder if one could use wool/alpaca blend for this? I am thinking
      about Cascade Lana D'oro which is 50% wool and 50% alpaca.

      It's good to be on board. Thank you.
      Aporanee
    • mkookaburra2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
        --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "aporanee" <aschauer@...> wrote:

        > Hi. I just joined. I love traditional knitting, especially Aran and
        > fairisle. I got lucky and found the book at my local library. I do
        > not know about copyright stuff, but if anybody could advise me if it is
        > legal to make copies for friends (or fellow knitalongers) for PERSONAL
        > USE ONLY I am willing to copy it and send it to you free of charge. I
        > have a color copier at home. But I will only do it if it is LEGAL and
        > for personal use only and no charge.
        >
        > Any lawyer in the group?
        >
        > I wonder if one could use wool/alpaca blend for this? I am thinking
        > about Cascade Lana D'oro which is 50% wool and 50% alpaca.
        >
        > It's good to be on board. Thank you.
        > Aporanee

        Hi there and welcome .
        Look forward to knitting along with you. Cheers Marie, Australia