at last

  • Val
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
      Hi everyone!

      At last some movement on the st-b-kal.

      I have some of the back knitted. Each time I pick my
      needles up, something or someone comes along and interrupts my
      concentration
      So it has been very slow going. Maybe now you are coming in to
      your winter a few more post will be added.
      I get a buzz reading about everyones St Brigids adventures.
      Take care.
      Val from Western Australia.
    • Angie
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
        I wasn't sure I was really in the group, for a long time I
        didn't get any messages.

        My name is Angie, I just joined.

        I think I'm going to do my St. Brigid in Knitpicks wool of the
        Andes, but I haven't decided on color yet. I feel like I
        should order a color card first to see what the colors really
        look like. The Knitpicks catologue and website look
        completely different. I'm leaning towards Avocado, but I
        don't want it to be too very lime green, just a beautiful
        delicious avocado green. I also really like the color Hush,
        but I'm afraid it might be too much of a baby lilac.

        I have no experience using Knitpicks yarns... How does
        everyone else like Wool of the Andes? Is it very similar to
        Cascade 220?

        Thanks in advance for your advice,
        Angie

        > I have some of the back knitted. Each time I pick my
        > needles up, something or someone comes along and
        > interrupts my
        > concentration
        > So it has been very slow going. Maybe now you are
        > coming in to
        > your winter a few more post will be added.
        > I get a buzz reading about everyones St Brigids
        > adventures.
        > Take care.
        > Val from Western Australia.

        > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      • T. Peppel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
          Val,
          I think I have the same knitting disease! "Some of the back" should be the name!

          Val <val853@...> wrote:
          Hi everyone!

          At last some movement on the st-b-kal.

          I have some of the back knitted. Each time I pick my
          needles up, something or someone comes along and interrupts  my
          concentration
          So it has been very slow going. Maybe now you are coming in to
          your winter a few more post will be added.
          I get a buzz reading about everyones St Brigids adventures.
          Take care.
          Val from Western Australia.

          Yahoo! Shopping

        • T. Peppel
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
            Angie,
            Welcome! I haven't used the Cascade 200, but I LOVE my Wool of the Andes. I was unsure of what color to pick, also, but when I called to order the yarn the customer service rep ended up helping me. She had the actual yarn there, and we went over the subtle differences. She was probably rolling her eyes the entire time, but she kept it out of her voice. I don't have any affiliation with KnitPicks, but they've always gone out of their way to help me.
            I was worried about the yarn being too stiff, but it's definitely not. Very soft, great stitch definition. I think I'll take a picture of my (slow) progress and post it.
            Happy knitting!
            Theresa

            Angie <stevenar@...> wrote:
            I wasn't sure I was really in the group, for a long time I
            didn't get any messages.

            My name is Angie, I just joined.

            I think I'm going to do my St. Brigid in Knitpicks wool of the
            Andes, but I haven't decided on color yet.  I feel like I
            should order a color card first to see what the colors really
            look like.  The Knitpicks catologue and website look
            completely different.  I'm leaning towards Avocado, but I
            don't want it to be too very lime green, just a beautiful
            delicious avocado green.  I also really like the color Hush,
            but I'm afraid it might be too much of a baby lilac.

            I have no experience using Knitpicks yarns... How does
            everyone else like Wool of the Andes?  Is it very similar to
            Cascade 220?

            Thanks in advance for your advice,
            Angie

            >   I have some of the back knitted. Each time I pick my
            >   needles up, something or someone comes along and
            >   interrupts  my
            >   concentration
            >   So it has been very slow going. Maybe now you are
            >   coming in to
            >   your winter a few more post will be added.
            >   I get a buzz reading about everyones St Brigids
            >   adventures.
            >   Take care.
            >   Val from Western Australia.

            >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
            >       Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            Yahoo! Shopping