St. Brigid

  • Theresa
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
      I certainly thought that email was legit at first, also. I love my
      little lady, even if I only have 1/2 of the back done so far. I
      started it in July, but had to put it aside for all those knitted
      gifts I'm trying to get done!
      I'm using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Stream, and I love it! I
      figure by winter of 2007 I should be wearing it, if I get busy!
    • sue_knits
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 28, 2007
        Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

        Sue
      • Maria Escudero-Wander
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 28, 2007
          The pattern is found in Aran Knitting, by Alice Starmore.  It's quite lovely.  I purchased it for one of my friends as an engagement present.

          Maria

          On 9/28/07, sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote:
           Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

        • Kathleen Asherah
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
            many people have gotten it from their libraries via
            interlibrary loan.

            kat

            sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote:
            Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

            Sue

            Building a website is a piece of cake.

          • sue_knits
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
              Thanks! Now I have somewhere to start. It appears that the book is
              difficult to find and is sold for a premium price!

              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...>
              wrote:

              > many people have gotten it from their libraries via
              > interlibrary loan.
              >
              > kat
              >
              > sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote: Is
              anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

              > Sue
              >

              > ---------------------------------

            • elizabeth7456
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
                Hi

                I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice Starmore website to see if it was
                going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they would let me know when it
                was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.

                My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too. There is another book called
                'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns too. I have a copy of that from
                a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater from it eventually but I'm not
                knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing scarves and hats and
                socks for Christmas gifts.

                I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine there are probably
                copyright issues that prevent it.

                Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to fetch very high prices!

                Good luck in your search,

                Liz
              • sue_knits
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
                  Hello
                  I'm so excited, I found a copy of the book at a library in Irvine.
                  Got a library card and borrowed the book. This is a great book! Too
                  bad it's out of print and so difficult to find. After looking at
                  the sweaters, I found the Fulmar knit along which seems to be very
                  active now. Maybe I'll start that sweater insead. Hmmmmm...such
                  decisions. As if I don't have enough projects.

                  Susan
                  --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "elizabeth7456" <lizmac58@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hi
                  >
                  > I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice
                  Starmore website to see if it was
                  > going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they
                  would let me know when it
                  > was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.
                  >
                  > My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too.
                  There is another book called
                  > 'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns
                  too. I have a copy of that from
                  > a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater
                  from it eventually but I'm not
                  > knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing
                  scarves and hats and
                  > socks for Christmas gifts.
                  >
                  > I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine
                  there are probably
                  > copyright issues that prevent it.
                  >
                  > Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to
                  fetch very high prices!

                  > Good luck in your search,
                  >
                  > Liz

                • Sylvie
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 22 5:27 PM
                    I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                    Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com

                    let me know what you think!

                    Sylvie
                  • Paula Shelgren
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 22 7:15 PM
                      Your St.Brigid is very pretty, where can I get a pattern for it

                      Paula

                      --
                      Paula Shelgren
                      http://wichitastitcher.multiply.com/
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 23 2:29 AM
                        Sylvie,
                        Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                        same pace. What is your yarn?
                        Blessings,
                        Susan.

                        --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@...> wrote:

                        > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                        > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                        >
                        > let me know what you think!
                        >
                        > Sylvie

                      • Sylvie
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 23 12:29 PM
                          Susan, I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca, the color is called Mesa and I
                          really love the feel and the color of the yarn.

                          Your St. Brigid is very pretty too, nice color.

                          Sylvie

                          --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Susan in N GA"
                          <paulandsusan2003@...> wrote:

                          > Sylvie,
                          > Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                          > same pace. What is your yarn?
                          > Blessings,
                          > Susan.
                          >

                          > --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                          > > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                          > >
                          > > let me know what you think!
                          > >
                          > > Sylvie

                        • heidi
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 24 6:33 AM

                            A few days ago, I finally finished my St Brigid. Pics on my blog

                            http://knitbyheidi.typepad.com

                            heidi

                          • PaulandSusan
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 24 7:09 AM
                              That is wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!
                              Susan.

                            • Bluedragon2@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 24 7:46 PM
                                Heidi,

                                What a wonderful job you did! I love the bright blue and the shaping is so gracefully done. You will get so many compliments when you were it.

                                Helen B
                                Bluedragon2@...
                                Bluedragon on Ravelry.com