Re: [st_brigid_kal] browsing the web...

  • Kathleen Asherah
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
      I am pretty happy with the Soft Shetland Jody.  I considered BWA  too.  However, it seemed  a lot lighter to me than the Jameison.  Commit publicly--you are funny!

      Katy

      jody pirrello <savannahchik@...> wrote:
      I thought the same thing when this email came through!  As for me, I am (once again) in a non-monogamous relationship with St B yarn.  I evaluated several this weekend (Jameson's Soft Shetland and Black Water Abbey).  I am close to deciding (again) what I'll be using.  I didn't post it on my blog though, as I'm not quite ready to commit publicly ;)

      Jody

      Yahoo! Shopping
    • jody pirrello
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
        OK, here's where I'm at.

        I swatched both and I liked them both.  I started out liking the Jamieson more.  Then I swatched and washed them both and they were pretty equal.  I actually got stitch AND row gauge with BWA.  I was not able to get AS's row gauge with any other yarn -- I had always had a tighter row gauge (which as you all know translates to even more knitting).

        Of course, the color I like best is in the Jamieson, but BWA has a very similar color.  I want to decide today since I want this to be my knitting during Christmas vacation.

        Decisions decisions!

        Jody

        Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...> wrote:
        I am pretty happy with the Soft Shetland Jody.  I considered BWA  too.  However, it seemed  a lot lighter to me than the Jameison.  Commit publicly--you are funny!

        Katy

        jody pirrello <savannahchik@...> wrote:
        I thought the same thing when this email came through!  As for me, I am (once again) in a non-monogamous relationship with St B yarn.  I evaluated several this weekend (Jameson's Soft Shetland and Black Water Abbey).  I am close to deciding (again) what I'll be using.  I didn't post it on my blog though, as I'm not quite ready to commit publicly ;)

        Jody

        Yahoo! Shopping

      • vknitorious
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
          Hahaha.  I thought the same thing...

          Ladies!  Having worn my St. Brigid sweater (used Cascade 220) three times in the last two weeks, I can only say that I don't love it any less and would wear it everyday if I could.  It's worth it.

          Vicki

          Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...> wrote:

          You know for a minute...I thought it could have been legit...I mean it's been a little less than a year since since I hooked up with my little lady.  She is little.  She does need attention.  How is everyone else doing?  I haven't been doing St. B updates on the blog--well, I haven't been blogging much about anything.  However, if you have--please send me a note and I will post.

          Take care.
          Katy

          Yahoo! Shopping

          Yahoo! Shopping

        • Kathleen Asherah
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
            Vicki.  You are so rubbing it in that you finished!  now put your turkey hat on.

            katy

            vknitorious <vknitorious@...> wrote

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 13, 2005
                Katy, As the moderator, you may delete the spam messages like the one
                that spawned this thread and #136.

                Just an FYI.

                Still haven't started my StB. I have gansey fever. Working on a gansey
                for the bf right now, then I think that I need at least one more
                gansey...
              • Kathleen Asherah