Re: [st_brigid_kal] browsing the web...

  • Karen Heinig
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
      Oh same here. I really still want to make St. Brigid but as the days
      go by, I wonder if it will ever happen.

      Karen

      On Dec 12, 2005, at 7:11 AM, Kathleen Asherah wrote:

      > You know for a minute...I thought it could have been legit...I mean
      > it's been a little less than a year since since I hooked up with my
      > little lady.  She is little.  She does need attention.  How is
      > everyone else doing?  I haven't been doing St. B updates on the
      > blog--well, I haven't been blogging much about anything.  However, if
      > you have--please send me a note and I will post.
      >
      > Take care.
      > Katy
      >
      > Yahoo! Shopping

      > Hobby and craft supply
      > Craft hobby
      > Hobbies and crafts
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > ▪  Visit your group "st_brigid_kal" on the web.

      > Service.

    • Kathleen Asherah
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
        I am pretty happy with the Soft Shetland Jody.  I considered BWA  too.  However, it seemed  a lot lighter to me than the Jameison.  Commit publicly--you are funny!

        Katy

        jody pirrello <savannahchik@...> wrote:
        I thought the same thing when this email came through!  As for me, I am (once again) in a non-monogamous relationship with St B yarn.  I evaluated several this weekend (Jameson's Soft Shetland and Black Water Abbey).  I am close to deciding (again) what I'll be using.  I didn't post it on my blog though, as I'm not quite ready to commit publicly ;)

        Jody

        Yahoo! Shopping
      • jody pirrello
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
          OK, here's where I'm at.

          I swatched both and I liked them both.  I started out liking the Jamieson more.  Then I swatched and washed them both and they were pretty equal.  I actually got stitch AND row gauge with BWA.  I was not able to get AS's row gauge with any other yarn -- I had always had a tighter row gauge (which as you all know translates to even more knitting).

          Of course, the color I like best is in the Jamieson, but BWA has a very similar color.  I want to decide today since I want this to be my knitting during Christmas vacation.

          Decisions decisions!

          Jody

          Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...> wrote:
          I am pretty happy with the Soft Shetland Jody.  I considered BWA  too.  However, it seemed  a lot lighter to me than the Jameison.  Commit publicly--you are funny!

          Katy

          jody pirrello <savannahchik@...> wrote:
          I thought the same thing when this email came through!  As for me, I am (once again) in a non-monogamous relationship with St B yarn.  I evaluated several this weekend (Jameson's Soft Shetland and Black Water Abbey).  I am close to deciding (again) what I'll be using.  I didn't post it on my blog though, as I'm not quite ready to commit publicly ;)

          Jody

          Yahoo! Shopping

        • vknitorious

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
              Vicki.  You are so rubbing it in that you finished!  now put your turkey hat on.

              katy

              vknitorious <vknitorious@...> wrote

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 13, 2005
                  Katy, As the moderator, you may delete the spam messages like the one
                  that spawned this thread and #136.

                  Just an FYI.

                  Still haven't started my StB. I have gansey fever. Working on a gansey
                  for the bf right now, then I think that I need at least one more
                  gansey...
                • Kathleen Asherah