Re: [st_brigid_kal] browsing the web...

  • jody pirrello
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
      I thought the same thing when this email came through!  As for me, I am (once again) in a non-monogamous relationship with St B yarn.  I evaluated several this weekend (Jameson's Soft Shetland and Black Water Abbey).  I am close to deciding (again) what I'll be using.  I didn't post it on my blog though, as I'm not quite ready to commit publicly ;)

      Jody

      Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...> wrote:

      You know for a minute...I thought it could have been legit...I mean it's been a little less than a year since since I hooked up with my little lady.  She is little.  She does need attention.  How is everyone else doing?  I haven't been doing St. B updates on the blog--well, I haven't been blogging much about anything.  However, if you have--please send me a note and I will post.

      Take care.
      Katy

      Yahoo! Shopping

    • Karen Heinig
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
        Oh same here. I really still want to make St. Brigid but as the days
        go by, I wonder if it will ever happen.

        Karen

        On Dec 12, 2005, at 7:11 AM, Kathleen Asherah wrote:

        > You know for a minute...I thought it could have been legit...I mean
        > it's been a little less than a year since since I hooked up with my
        > little lady.  She is little.  She does need attention.  How is
        > everyone else doing?  I haven't been doing St. B updates on the
        > blog--well, I haven't been blogging much about anything.  However, if
        > you have--please send me a note and I will post.
        >
        > Take care.
        > Katy
        >
        > Yahoo! Shopping

        > Hobby and craft supply
        > Craft hobby
        > Hobbies and crafts
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > ▪  Visit your group "st_brigid_kal" on the web.

        > Service.

      • Kathleen Asherah

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
            OK, here's where I'm at.

            I swatched both and I liked them both.  I started out liking the Jamieson more.  Then I swatched and washed them both and they were pretty equal.  I actually got stitch AND row gauge with BWA.  I was not able to get AS's row gauge with any other yarn -- I had always had a tighter row gauge (which as you all know translates to even more knitting).

            Of course, the color I like best is in the Jamieson, but BWA has a very similar color.  I want to decide today since I want this to be my knitting during Christmas vacation.

            Decisions decisions!

            Jody

            Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...> wrote:
            I am pretty happy with the Soft Shetland Jody.  I considered BWA  too.  However, it seemed  a lot lighter to me than the Jameison.  Commit publicly--you are funny!

            Katy

            jody pirrello <savannahchik@...> wrote:
            I thought the same thing when this email came through!  As for me, I am (once again) in a non-monogamous relationship with St B yarn.  I evaluated several this weekend (Jameson's Soft Shetland and Black Water Abbey).  I am close to deciding (again) what I'll be using.  I didn't post it on my blog though, as I'm not quite ready to commit publicly ;)

            Jody

            Yahoo! Shopping

          • vknitorious

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 12, 2005
                Vicki.  You are so rubbing it in that you finished!  now put your turkey hat on.

                katy

                vknitorious <vknitorious@...> wrote

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 13, 2005
                    Katy, As the moderator, you may delete the spam messages like the one
                    that spawned this thread and #136.

                    Just an FYI.

                    Still haven't started my StB. I have gansey fever. Working on a gansey
                    for the bf right now, then I think that I need at least one more
                    gansey...
                  • Kathleen Asherah