Intro

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2004
      Guess I didn't really introduce myself yet. I am chrisknits and have wanted to do St Brigit since I first saw it on a blog last year. Finally found the copy at one of the local libraries so I can have access to the pattern. Will try to take time before I start to work out the numbers and decide how long I want it. Not sure I will make it as long as the original. Has anyone else planned to do it shorter?

      Getting ready to leave for Stitches Midwest tomorrow, hope to find the perfect yarn!

      Chris
    • Kim Laramee
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2004
        Hi Chris,

        I too am planning on making St. Brigid shorter by one cable chart pattern repeat.  It calls for 8 repeats together, so I'm going to do 7 repeats of the chart and it should measure 60 cm.  If you want it shorter than that just subtract by 8.5 cms for each chart deducted
        7 Repeats=60 cm
        6 Repeats=51.5 cm
        5 Repeats=43 cm
        4 Repeats=34.5 cm
        It's should be very easy to shorten it as there is no shaping for the waist of armholes!

        All the Best,
        Kim/Curlie Girl

        Chris <chrisknitz@...> wrote:
        Guess I didn't really introduce myself yet. I am chrisknits and have wanted to do St Brigit since I first saw it on a blog last year. Finally found the copy at one of the local libraries so I can have access to the pattern. Will try to take time before I start to work out the numbers and decide how long I want it. Not sure I will make it as long as the original. Has anyone else planned to do it shorter?

        Getting ready to leave for Stitches Midwest tomorrow, hope to find the perfect yarn!

        Chris

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • suzrwin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2006
          Okay...Rebecca is solely responsible for my presence here <wink>.
          Actually, St Brigid has long been on my list of must knits, and
          obviously this is The Time. I'll be researching yarns, colors, and
          getting inspiration from you all.

          I've also long been an Alice Starmore fan. I've knit two of her
          sweaters--the Erin and Marina, both fairisle, so it is about time I
          did a patterned knit. I adore the asymmetrical cables of St Brigid,
          so this is my top pick.

          My most recent sweater FO is Janet Szabo's FLAK (and I love it!). I'm
          currently working on Jaeger's Lilly sweater in Roma, and of course, I
          always have socks a'goin' Currently I'm knitting some for my
          SecretPal--they're Judy Sumner's Celtic Socks in Lorna's LAces almost
          solids in Cranberry--they're gorgeous.

          Looking forward to another fun KAL.
          Suz
          www.swankyhanks.com
        • Jessica
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2007
            I'm so glad to join you!
            I was lucky enough to discover the book in my local library system, and
            my yarn (Jamieson's Shetland Heather, in Cedar) finally arrived
            yesterday! Looking online I was also lucky enough to find this KAL.
            THEN I was *very* lucky to get an answer from Annie Driscoll (thanks,
            Annie!) in the Starmore Ravelry group about a gauge issue while I was
            awaiting approval here. I'm off!

            Jessica
          • Theresa
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 21, 2007
              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Jessica" <j-logan@...> wrote:

              > I'm so glad to join you!

              Jessica,
              So glad to have you. Now you need to inspire me so I actually finish
              my sweater! If it would only snow here in South Georgia, maybe I'd get
              busy!