just started

  • generalgingerknits
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi ya'll. I just started my St. Brigid this weekend. You can see
      pictures at my blog. http://generalgingerknits.blogspot.com/

      I picked up the Aran Knitting book a few months ago while visiting a
      library that is quite some distance from my house. I skimmed through
      it, drooling over the patterns with my eyes landing on the lovely
      St. Brigid. I only half heartedly thought about knitting it because
      it is so complicated. I returned the book to the library and went
      about my easy peasy knitting projects. Then one day I was checking
      out some other blogs and there I saw it, St. Brigid, in the fleash
      (well, you know what I mean :). I'd stumbled upon Vicki's Knitorious
      blog and her glorious sweater.

      I kept thinking about it...for months. Finally, I decided to take
      the plunge and ordered the yarn, requested the book from the library
      since my own library didn't have it, and cast on this past weekend.

      I can hardly put the thing down. Today I'm starting the third 24
      repeat after having to rip back the last three rows, twice.

      I'd love to see other folks' finished St. Brigids. Will ya'll please
      send a picture or url to share?