Re: [st_brigid_kal] Getting ready to start

  • Vicki Hodge
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2005
      Hi Theresa - I started on Jan 2nd and am on the 5th pattern repeat of the back.  St. Brigid has been sidelined by Mariah (from knitty.com).  I'm using Cottage Craft which is a bit stiff (never next-to-skin wear), but has great stitch definition.  There is quite a bit of veggie matter to pick.  I just received a flyer from Cottage Craft for three sweater kits for $99.  You get 8 4 oz skeins (ea 272 yds) with each kit.  Individual kits are $34.95, so not much difference in price.  I ordered one extra skein for St. Brigid for piece of mind.

      The website is www.cottagecraftwoollens.com - another cost effective option.

      Vicki
      NW IN
      My library was able to get me a copy of Aran Knitting much faster
      than I anticipated, now I have to make some decisions!