Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Alley & George families

  • jeff_robertson74
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2008
      Greetings Nancy-Jo, thanks for responding. I information I have I obtained from a British Library site
      A list of the St. Helena records microfilmed by the â€¨Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints can be found at: http://www.archeion.talktalk.net/sthelena/sthelenarecordslds.htm.

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Nancy-Jo Nunez <njnunez@...> wrote:

      > Hi there, I think I've been waiting about 3 years to see a George surname on this list for St. Helena.  My name is Nancy-Jo Nunez and I live in California.  I have a George family in my ancestry, unfortunately I am not on my own laptop typing this message or I'd print it out and send it to you.  Do you know if there is any existing microfilm that can be called in from the Mormon's in Salt Lake City, Utah that could help us with George families during this timeframe?
      >
      > 2 brothers surnamed George (this is from memory), left St. Helena Ialsnd about 1870, they settled in Rhode Island, USA about 1871.  They both had families there and have long since passed away, however, my anscestor has 2 great-grand sons living who are now in their 80s and I speak to them on the phone, Marshall Williams is one man's name and the other, his brother's name is Eddy Williams, their mother my grandmother's cousin Pearl, was a George from this line.  The two brothers I'm talking about, one was Pearl's grandfather.  Pearl died in the mid-1950s in Rhode Island.  I would surely love to chat and see if there is a connection.  Let me get back you you and thanks for posting that information.  You never know.
      >
      > Nancy-Jo Nunez

    • Nancy-Jo Nunez
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2008
        Hi Jeff
        Thank you very much for sharing that information, Happy Holiday seasopn to you.  I"m on a break from work now and can look into my files on my own database and send you some of the informatiuon.  Please keep in touch, thanks again.