RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Smith/Rich family history

  • Die Honnehok
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2008

      Hi David,

      I have a lot of info on the Rich family of Namaqualand South Africa . I know there are relations in New Zealand but have never found any connection to America .  A lot of Saints did emigrate from St. Helena Island to Namaqualand to work on the copper mines here.  My interest is in the Barker family of St. Helena – then the diggings in Barkly West.

      Regrds from Namaqualand ,

      Elize Hough

      www.hondeklip.co.za

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2008
        Elize:
        Thank you for your response regarding my inquiry on the Rich family history.  I am aware that there is a very strong connection between South Africa in particular Cape Town and Saints, but was unaware of the connection to Namaqualand.  I would like to find out more regarding Martha Maria Rich and her family though I have limited information as to her parents names, dates of birth, and when they arrived on St. Helena, etc.  I am hopeful that someone from the group may provide me with a lead as to these questions.

        Warmest Regards,