'EVERTON' Family Research

  • everton.jonathan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
      My gt, gt, grandfather was John Theodore EVERTON who I understand was
      born in St Helena in 1842. His father was Thomas and his father
      William. I am trying to find out as much information about them as
      possible partcularly the exact date of when William EVERTON arrived in
      St Helena, his date of birth and where he was born in England. If
      anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    • DavSpread@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2008
        Hi Jonathan,
        My maternal grandmother was Louisa Ophelia Everton (born on St Helena 21/7/1871).
        I have a document from the Genealogy department on St Helena the shows information on your distant relatives (and that we are related!).
        There is considerable detail on it and am prepared to get it copied and sent to you.
        The salient dates are as follows:

        Louisa Ophelia Everton born to Edward Roakes and Elizabeth Everton (b: 1/4/1833). Louisa took her mother's maiden name.

        Elizabeth Everton was born to William Everton (shoemaker, Jamestown) and Sarah (no maiden name shown and no marriage found)

        William Everton (b: 10/9/1810) was born to William Everton and Jane Mason (m: 3/10/1805)

        other children Thomas (d.o.b 2/10/1814; bapt 30/10/1814; died 4/7/1843)

        Thomas Everton married Maria Mullins 3/10/1840

        children John Theodore (b: 15/10/1842; bapt 17/11/1842).

        Regards,
        David Spreadborough.

      • everton.jonathan
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2008
          Dear David,
          Many thanks for the email. It would be great to get a copy of the
          information you have. My email address is: jonathan@everton-
          wallach.co.uk
          Regards, Jonathan.