Louisa Palmer Grant

  • zicomo26
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
      Hi Wendy and Vivien,

      I am just trying to catch up on other Saints branches of my family.

      Louisa Palmer Grant was my great grandmother. As you probably know,
      she married Richards Augustus Legg

      I know nothing of the Grants so would be very grateful for any
      information

      Regards
      Yvonne
    • zicomo26

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2008
          Hi Yvonne:

          As you will probably see from my reply to Wendy, you made me look at my St Helena file for the first time in ages and this made me realise that I had not answered Wendy's last email to me over three years ago.  I had filed it away by mistake before answering it - in fact, I don't even remember receiving it!  Just another proof of my chaotic lifestyle.

          My only interest in the Grants is in their connection to the Strouds of St Helena.  My mother in law was a Stroud and her father, Cyril Silas, was born on St Helena in 1885, the son of Silas William Stroud and Eleanor Sophia Yon.  It is Silas William's older sister, Sarah, who married Benjamin Grant.

          So as Louisa Palmer Grant and Cyril Silas Stroud were first cousins, I think that makes you a third cousin once removed from my husband, being both descended from Stephen Stroud and his wife, Sarah Bateman who married on St Helena in 1832.

          Regards

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2008
            Hi Vivien
            I am interested in the Stroud family, particularly the ancestors of Sophia Stroud b.1843 . I believe her father was Stephen.
            Are you able to help out with any more information.

            Thanks
            Su

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 23, 2008
              Hi Sue,
              I am also interested. Keep me posted.
              Thanks,
              Alan

              I am just trying to catch up on other Saints branches of my family.

              Louisa Palmer Grant was my great grandmother. As you probably know,
              she married Richards Augustus Legg

              I know nothing of the Grants so would be very grateful for any
              information

              Regards
              Yvonne

              Internal Virus Database is out of date.
            • Wendy Phillips
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 24, 2008
                Dear Yvonne

                I have quite a bit of information on the Grant family tree as I have been tracing back for the past 5 years or so.  I do have that Louisa Palmer married Rirchard Legg but not have any dates etc, I understand that they had 6 daughters and 1 son.

                You say that Louisa was your great grandmother, can you please give me more info.

                We live in Aberystwyth, Mid Wales, it is my husbands tree, his grandfather was Neville Grant who was a brother to Louisa, all very interesting.  We went to S.A. in January to a family wedding and met up with Ethel & Helmut, Ethel is the grand daughter of Benjamin Grant who was also a brother.

                I have had an e-mail of Vivien also, so I will reply to her today too.

                Please keep in touch and forward any information that you may have

                Hope you are ready for my attachment and that it makes sense!!!

                Many thanks

                Wendy