[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Knipe and Philips fam

  • Jennifer_de_Beer
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2008
      Hi Gus,

      I have some family tree info compiled from a family reunion held in
      1999 at Martin's Episcopal Church in Bergvliet, South Africa. Since
      there were a couple of family members of various generations present
      at the reunion, the data I have I regard as a "generally agreed upon
      collective memory" of the family setup. (We pasted pictures of
      everybody on a wall, thus illustrating the family tree. How I wish I´d
      had a digital (or any) camera with me back then...)

      The Phillips-Knipe union are my maternal G grandparents; Emily Pearce
      (nee Phillips) is my grandmother. I take it then that your
      grandmother, Maud Elizabeth ("May" below, ch 1), was my grandmother,
      Emily´s, sister.

      Edward Nathaniel Phillips married Maud Elizabeth Knipe (whose father
      was a Colonel Knipe).
      They had 8 children (not clear if this (below) is the birth order):

      ch 1) May (married John Williams)- ch: Robert, Claude, Peter

      ch 2) Emily (married Jack Pearce) - ch: Cyril, Desmond, Denny, Peggy,
      Maud, Shirley
      + Stepchildren: Tilly, Doreen, Arthur, Charlie

      ch 3) Sonny (m Emmy Phillips)- ch: Dolly, Sidney, Edward, Beattie,
      Margaret

      ch 4) Beatty (m Abe Brink)- no descendants

      ch 5) Charlie (m Rosie, m Kathleen) - ch: Graham, Gerry, Bruce,
      Lilette, Rita, Rowland, Derrick

      ch 6) Alice (m Abe Wentzel) - ch: June

      ch 7) George (m Molly) - ch: Adelaide, Georgie

      ch 8) Sam (m May) - ch: Anthony, Jennifer, Raymond

      Legend: ch = child; m = married
      I have no fixed birth nor marriage dates for the above.

      All the best, Jennifer

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Angus Williams
      <angustessa@...> wrote:

      > G/day Diane
      > All have to go at this moment in time is hearsay from the other
      cousins,and some about 3/4/5 generations ago we they think that we do
      Thomas in the line.Who know ????