St Helena Coat of Arms

  • teacup1228
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2004
      I have what I think is an Ivory piece, in the shape of a napkin
      ring, but a little larger, carved on the outside is St Helena. Also
      a painted picture of what looks like a coat of arms with the
      words "EENDRACHT MAAKT MAGT". On the coat of arms are an anchor in
      the middle. A cat on the upper left. A covered wagon beneath the
      anchor. Something I can't make out in the upper left, maybe a
      soldier holding a gun. And a bird with a large wing span at the top.
      The colors are of green, red, gold and brown. Does anyone know what
      this could have represented? The piece comes to me from my great
      grandparents who lived there in the early 1900's.
      Thank You