Re: Frederick Jacob

  • cliffatherton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Atherton"
      <cliff.ath@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for information regarding Frederick Augustus William
      Louis Jacob{s} born Halifax Nova Scotia about 1838. He came to England
      and married Laura Jane Skidmore in Chelsea, London England on 12 March
      1861. He was in the Royal Engineers, finishing as a CQMS. The 1881
      census states that he had two children - Elizabeth and Frederick who
      were born in CGH St. Helena S A in 1874 and 1876 respectively. A visit
      to the St Helena website shows that the Royal Engineers were on the
      Island at the relevant time building the "300 steps". I would be
      grateful for any information about Frederick and his family, If birth
      certificates are available I would be delighted to defray any expenses.
      What is "CGH"? With kind regards, Cliff Atherton