Frederick Jacob

  • Cliff Atherton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008

      I am looking for information regarding Frederick Augustus William Louis Jacob{s} born Halifax Nova Scotia about 1838.  He came to England and married Laura Jane Skidmore in Chelsea, London England on 12 March 1861. He was in the Royal Engineers, finishing as a CQMS. The 1881 census states that he had two children – Elizabeth and Frederick who were born in CGH St. Helena S A in 1874 and 1876 respectively. A visit to the St Helena website shows that the Royal Engineers were on the Island at the relevant time building the “300 steps”. I would be grateful for any information about Frederick and his family, If  birth certificates are available I would be delighted to defray any expenses. What is “CGH”?  With kind regards, Cliff Atherton

    • cliffatherton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Atherton"