Solomon/Moss families

  • sigridmcmahon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2008
      Hi Colin,
      The Brown Family Papers are held by the University of Cape Town
      Libraries, Manuscripts & Archives Department. They were presented to
      the UCT Libraries in 1976 by Solomon descendant Mrs. Janet McGregor nee
      Dick, 3rd great-granddaughter of Nathaniel Solomon and Phoebe de
      Metz/Mitz, the parents of Saul, Lewis Gideon and Joseph Solomon of St.
      Helena. You'll find a complete Index of these papers online. Some time
      ago I ordered photocopies of some pages relating to the Solomon family.
      I'd be happy to scan these pages in as a PDF-file and make them
      available, just contact me privately. There are no documents, just
      reminiscences and recollections and they contain a number of
      inaccuracies.
      Regards,
      Sigi McMahon
    • Crystal Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008
        Hi Sigi - if there is mention of a John & Louisa
        Solomon in these papers please let me know, they were
        my great-great-grandparents.
        Thanx! Crystal (Cape Town, South Africa)

        --- sigridmcmahon <tesi@...> wrote:

        > Hi Colin,
        > The Brown Family Papers are held by the University
        > of Cape Town
        > Libraries, Manuscripts & Archives Department. They
        > were presented to
        > the UCT Libraries in 1976 by Solomon descendant Mrs.
        > Janet McGregor nee
        > Dick, 3rd great-granddaughter of Nathaniel Solomon
        > and Phoebe de
        > Metz/Mitz, the parents of Saul, Lewis Gideon and
        > Joseph Solomon of St.
        > Helena. You'll find a complete Index of these papers
        > online. Some time
        > ago I ordered photocopies of some pages relating to
        > the Solomon family.
        > I'd be happy to scan these pages in as a PDF-file
        > and make them
        > available, just contact me privately. There are no
        > documents, just
        > reminiscences and recollections and they contain a
        > number of
        > inaccuracies.
        > Regards,
        > Sigi McMahon

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • foxhome
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2008
        • Crystal Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , May 15, 2008
            Looking for info on Catherine Louisa Weinhardt born
            1888, parents: Hannah and Andrew Weinhardt