LOUISA LAWRENCE

  • vandermerwe.jenny
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25 3:45 AM
      Louisa Lawrence was my ggmother, born on the Island of Saint Helena in
      1862. Her parents were Jacob and Martha(nèè Yon). There is a Yon
      family tree, but there seems to be no details of date of marriage of
      Jacob and Martha or whether they had any other children. After a long
      search, I have found no records on when she or her family arrived in
      Cape Town. Louisa was a godmother to Catherine Louisa Weinhardt,
      daugher of Andrew and Hannah Weinhardt. I would appreciate any
      assistance to continue my search.
    • fernandesks1
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2014
        Hi Jenny

        Richard Henry Wilson LAWRENCE was my ggfather born 28 May 1868 in St.Helena. His parents were Jacob  and Martha (nee YON previously DUNCAN).  From records I’ve managed to get from Wits Univ. and LDS he had a sister Louisa Ann LAWRENCE born 15 Aug 1862.  Martha died soon after giving birth to Richard.  In 1871 Jacob remarried again to Mary Ann (nee MARCH) and had about 10 children. I don’t know when Richard (or the rest of his family?) came to South Africa. Richard married my ggmother  Dorothy Eva (nee RAKER) in Kimberley in 1896. I am trying to get in touch with anyone who knows anything about Richard LAWRENCE  and his family.

        Thx - Karen