Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Picture of Man on front page

  • A.H.Schulenburg
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2008
      He is Saul Solomon; see
      http://www.archeion.talktalk.net/sthelena/saulsolomon.htm

      Regards,
      Alexander

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "lilliankw1" <lilliankw1@...>
      To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 4:26 PM
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Picture of Man on front page

      > Does anyone know who the man in the black and white ink sketch on the
      > front page of this site was? He looks just like my dad! My great
      > grandfather, Thomas KIRBY, was born on St. Helena in 1831. His dad,
      > William Kirby, born in 1795, was with the East India Trading Company.
      > William married a widow named Anne Thompson there. They ended up in
      > Shrewsbury, Shropshire after the company left the island.

    • lilliankw1
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2008
        Thanks Alexander,
        I don't know of anyone in the family with that name, but anything
        is possible. I'll research it. Back that early there were not that
        many people on the island, so I guess most everyone is related
        somehow. He sure does look like my dad, though. :o)

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "A.H.Schulenburg"