Picture of Man on front page

  • lilliankw1
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24 9:26 AM
      Does anyone know who the man in the black and white ink sketch on the
      front page of this site was? He looks just like my dad! My great
      grandfather, Thomas KIRBY, was born on St. Helena in 1831. His dad,
      William Kirby, born in 1795, was with the East India Trading Company.
      William married a widow named Anne Thompson there. They ended up in
      Shrewsbury, Shropshire after the company left the island.
    • A.H.Schulenburg
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24 10:00 AM
        He is Saul Solomon; see
        http://www.archeion.talktalk.net/sthelena/saulsolomon.htm

        Regards,
        Alexander

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24 11:01 AM
          Thanks Alexander,
          I don't know of anyone in the family with that name, but anything
          is possible. I'll research it. Back that early there were not that
          many people on the island, so I guess most everyone is related
          somehow. He sure does look like my dad, though. :o)

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "A.H.Schulenburg"