Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

  • Angus williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2008
      Gidday to you Lynn and Shirley
      i,m trying to trace back my fam and Shirley mentioned about Knipe and
      my GG or GGG grandfather was a colonel Knipe in the british army i
      dont know how he ended up on the island im trying to figure out how he
      fitted into the whole picture,What do know is that both my nan an pa
      come from the island She was a philips maude philips and pa was williams
      thanks
      Gus -- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Morgan
      <shirleymorgan967@...> wrote:

      > Hi Lynn
      >
      > My gg grandfather was baptised in 1854. I would be greatful for any
      information. Shirley Morgan

      > To: st-helena-genealogy@...: champnrse@...: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:59:42
      -0500Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

      > Hi Shirley,
      > When did your GG Grandfather Charles Contest live on the Island? I
      have many late 1800's letters from my St. Helena ancestors and they
      all had beautiful penmanship. In fact, one of them, Millie Sefton,
      was a teacher at Hutts's Gate, in the 1880's until 1891.

      > Regards,
      >
      > Lynn West
      >
      > SEFTON, HUBBARD, HARRIS, CLAYTON, EVANS, SMITH, UNDRELL, ELLIOT,
      CHAMBERS, FOWLER,

      Charles Contest could write beautifully. So I assuming he must have
      attended school.

      http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT