Re: Our introduction

  • dopeydimwit
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2008
      Hi Michelle

      You bet we're interested :)

      Thanks for the offer of sharing information.

      We'll send you the details we have so far via email in the morning

      Stuart and Toni
    • P Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2008
        Hello Toni and Stuart,
        Like you my ancestors trace back to James William Dasey.
        My family line runs through my father - John Henry Francis Dasey, his father - Henry Wyandah Dasey to his father Wyandah John who was the 5th son of James William.
        Just to complicate the situation the spelling used is sometimes Deasey or Dacey. Dacey seems to be  how it was listed for convict transportation.

        Are you aware of the research done and printed with copyright in 1982 by Coral Dasey?  She indicates that there were so many Daseys living near Copeton that the area became know as Dasey Town which is now under the waters of Copeton Dam.

        Regards
        Pam Smith nee Dasey

        dopeydimwit <copytext@...> wrote:
        Hello everybody

        We're Stuart and Toni Livesey, we live in Hervey Bay Queensland and
        we're here because Toni is tracing her ancestors on her mother's side.

        Like several others here we've traced Toni's line back to James
        William Dasey who was born at Longwood in either 1814 (according to
        East India Company records) or 1817 (according to another researcher
        here in Australia)

        Regardless of which year he was born James went on to found a family
        that seems to have had quite an impact in the Inverell district and,
        at one time, had a town named after them.

        Stuart and Toni