Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hi Shirley,
      When did your GG Grandfather Charles Contest live on the Island?  I have many late 1800's letters from my St. Helena ancestors and they all had beautiful penmanship.  In fact, one of them, Millie Sefton, was a teacher at Hutts's Gate, in the 1880's until 1891.

      Regards,

      Lynn West

      SEFTON, HUBBARD, HARRIS, CLAYTON, EVANS, SMITH, UNDRELL, ELLIOT, CHAMBERS, FOWLER,

      Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 10:18 PM
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

      Does anyone know of any school records for free slaves my gg father
      Charles Contest could write beautifully. So I assuming he must have
      attended school.

    • Shirley Morgan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
        Hi Lynn

        My gg grandfather was baptised in 1854. I would be greatful for any information.

        Shirley Morgan

        To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com

        Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 10:18 PM

        Does anyone know of any school records for free slaves my gg father
        Charles Contest could write beautifully. So I assuming he must have
        attended school.

        Click here Search for local singles online @ Lavalife.
      • Angus williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2008
          Gidday to you Lynn and Shirley
          i,m trying to trace back my fam and Shirley mentioned about Knipe and
          my GG or GGG grandfather was a colonel Knipe in the british army i
          dont know how he ended up on the island im trying to figure out how he
          fitted into the whole picture,What do know is that both my nan an pa
          come from the island She was a philips maude philips and pa was williams
          thanks
          Gus -- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Morgan
          <shirleymorgan967@...> wrote:

          > Hi Lynn
          >
          > My gg grandfather was baptised in 1854. I would be greatful for any
          information. Shirley Morgan

          > To: st-helena-genealogy@...: champnrse@...: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:59:42
          -0500Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

          http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT