school records

  • shirleymorgan967
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 7:18 PM
      Does anyone know of any school records for free slaves my gg father
      Charles Contest could write beautifully. So I assuming he must have
      attended school.
    • Lynn
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4 5:59 PM
        Hi Shirley,
        When did your GG Grandfather Charles Contest live on the Island?  I have many late 1800's letters from my St. Helena ancestors and they all had beautiful penmanship.  In fact, one of them, Millie Sefton, was a teacher at Hutts's Gate, in the 1880's until 1891.

        Regards,

        Lynn West

        SEFTON, HUBBARD, HARRIS, CLAYTON, EVANS, SMITH, UNDRELL, ELLIOT, CHAMBERS, FOWLER,

        Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 10:18 PM
        Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

        Does anyone know of any school records for free slaves my gg father
        Charles Contest could write beautifully. So I assuming he must have
        attended school.

      • Shirley Morgan
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11 2:53 AM
          Hi Lynn

          My gg grandfather was baptised in 1854. I would be greatful for any information.

          Shirley Morgan

          To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com

          Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 10:18 PM

          Does anyone know of any school records for free slaves my gg father
          Charles Contest could write beautifully. So I assuming he must have
          attended school.

          Click here Search for local singles online @ Lavalife.
        • Angus williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 17 1:51 AM
            Gidday to you Lynn and Shirley
            i,m trying to trace back my fam and Shirley mentioned about Knipe and
            my GG or GGG grandfather was a colonel Knipe in the british army i
            dont know how he ended up on the island im trying to figure out how he
            fitted into the whole picture,What do know is that both my nan an pa
            come from the island She was a philips maude philips and pa was williams
            thanks
            Gus -- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Morgan
            <shirleymorgan967@...> wrote:

            > Hi Lynn
            >
            > My gg grandfather was baptised in 1854. I would be greatful for any
            information. Shirley Morgan

            > To: st-helena-genealogy@...: champnrse@...: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:59:42
            -0500Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] school records

            http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT