Mary Louisa Downer

  • sarahspo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2008
      Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to trace
      my 2 x great grandmother her maiden name was Mary Louisa Downer and
      according to the British Census (from 1881 onwards) she was born in
      saint Helena, South africa in 1855, she married Frederick James Stroud
      in 1875 in middlesex although I have no idea what bought her to the UK.

      I have looked on the british library web site, the LDS and the saint
      Helena institute web site and can find no Downers atall,if anyone has
      any advice for me it would be warmly appreciated.

      Many Thanks

      Sarah