Re: Sophia Yon 1834

  • chinookstorms
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 26, 2008
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "MARK ROUSE"
      <mark.rouse1@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for information on Sophia Yon, baptised June 1834,
      parents John & Dorothea.

      > Any information on her, or her descendants will be gratefully
      received.

      Mark,
      just a few snippets of information which may be of some interest
      which I discovered whilst researching the Hamilton's of St Helena

      I have a listing of Joseph Bizarre (occupation Boatman) and Sophia
      Yon (occupation laundress) marrying in Jamestown on 1 November 1862.

      I also have a listing of slaves which may be of some interest.

      Slave Yon and slave Margaret have a child Eliza on 5 February 1825
      baptised 11 September1825

      The slaves of Mr Antony Beale, Sarah and***Yon marriage 12 February
      1820

      The slaves of the Thomas Greentree, James (Anthony ??) and Eleanor
      Yonn have a child Kitty Anthony? 3 April 1816.

      Regards, Rob Hamilton, Victoria. Australia.
    • Trevor and Jill Riches
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2008

        PLEASE tell me how to unsubscribe.  The unsubscribe option at the bottom of the emails does not work!

        Kind regards

        Jill

        > I am looking for information on Sophia Yon, baptised June 1834,
        parents John & Dorothea.

        > Any information on her, or her descendants will be gratefully
        received.

        Mark,
        just a few snippets of information which may be of some interest
        which I discovered whilst researching the Hamilton 's of St Helena

        I have a listing of Joseph Bizarre (occupati

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
      • DavSpread@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2008
          Hi Mark,
          Details from my family tree (Everton/Roakes):

          William Everton married Margaret Yon (age 32/spinster/ladder hill) 1/5/1882

          Margeret died 3/10/1884

          Children
          Caroline Susannah d.o.b 15/10/1882. baptised 15/12/1882. died 26/1/1884

          (sounds like a tragic affair)

          Regards,
          David
        • igierdien
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2008
            jill not sure if this will help.. once u log onto yahoo and go to
            the group.. click on memberships.. further down you will see a
            messages section.. click on web only.. and maybe u won't get
            everybody's messages or notification emails of new messages posted on
            the site.

            Hope this is a better option.
            Imelda

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor and Jill Riches"

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2008

              Hello Imelda

              Another problem is I can’t log onto Yahoo – I don’t remember my email address or password and I cannot retrieve them - have tried everything I know and I am not winning.  I have tried the unsubscribe buttons literally dozens of times and that has not worked.  I did manage to contact Yahoo through a marketing department email address I found on line.  I was sent an email my customer support suggesting all the things I have tried and also giving me another email address to write to but all emails to that address bounce!  I am getting quite cross J

              I could do something rude and get banned!  Couldn’t someone report me for being rude?

              Thank you for trying to help Imelda

              Kind regards

              Jill

              From: