Graham family of St. Helena

  • Merilyn Pedrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
      I have just discovered that my childrens' great great grandmother was Mary
      Ann Graham who was born in St. Helena in about 1833. She subsequently
      married a London solicitor, Augustus William Rixon in 1856.

      I would be most grateful for any information about Mary Ann and her family.
      For instance, what were they doing there?

      Best wishes

      Merilyn Pedrick

      Aldgate, South Australia
    • Jane Varol
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2008
        Hi there, Merilyn,
             I can see a record for a Mary Ann Graham born to a James Graham, bombadier, First Artillery and his wife Frances. Jan 30th 1830.
               This looks like her father was out there as part of the East India Company Army that was out there at the time.
        on the British Libary site who have all the St Helena BMDs now.
           There are other  Mary Anns listed but this was the nearest to the 1833 date that I can see
                   I hope this helps
                                         Jane

      • Merilyn Pedrick
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
          I sent a message about a week and a half ago about trying to find the family
          of Mary Ann Graham who was born in St. Helena in about 1833.

          Since then, we have changed our e-mail address and were off line for about a
          week.

          I'm wondering if I may have missed any replies to my query, and wonder if
          anyone did reply, could they do so again.

          Thankyou

          Best wishes

          Merilyn Pedrick

          Aldgate, South Australia