follow up thomas

  • Genie Murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      Diana:

      Thanks for the information. I assume some of my ancestors were mixed
      with people of colour and possible slaves. I don't know why anyone
      would take offense as the island was a real melting pot. While my
      grandmother and her siblings were caucasian that is not to say that
      further back or another trail was not. I believe that a Winfried May
      Thomas was married to a Corker somewhere in the mid 1930's and I
      think there was some local to do about it - she may have worked for
      the family.

      Ever heard of her?

      Genie
    • dngskll
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2007
        Hi Genie,

        Sorry, I've not heard of Winfried May But you never know, someone may
        come back with an answer.

        As to offending folk, I didn't really think anyone would be upset but
        sometimes it's difficult to phrase your thoughts correctly, thus not
        getting misinterpreted. I'm not sure that last sentence was even
        English but you know what I mean.

        Regards,

        Diane
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Genie Murphy