[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: The "Thomas" surname on St Helena Evan & Owen

  • dngskll
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 9, 2007
      Hello Neil,

      I am tickled pink with the information that you have re Evan & Owen
      Thomas. Evan is my G G Grandfather and his ancestry has been a huge
      brick wall for years. I would very much appreciate any information
      that you have. I couldn't find any entries in the St Helena archives
      for Evan and Owen (although that doesn't mean they aren't there, just
      I didn't see them) and have tried every genealogy site that I could
      lay my hands on, trying to find them. I am interested in anything
      pertaining to the family as I am researching far more than the direct
      line. I'm going in as many directions as I can in an attempt to
      understand the way of life and the personalities of the people in the
      family tree. My email address is diane_202@....

      Once again, many thanks for taking the time to reply,

      Regards,

      Diane.
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "neil808548"
      <neilwalklate@...> wrote:
      > Thomas discussion. I might be able to help
      > William Thomas arrived on the ship HMS Eurydice on 29th September
      > 1816 as a clerk on board. He worked for Mr Solomon provisioning
      > ships on the island and attended Napoleon's funeral and touched his
      > hand before his internment.He stayed on the island until his tragic
      > death by drowning in 1829 and fathered two children by Martha
      > Chippingdale - Evan born 1st Sept 1821 and Owen born 4 June 1824.
      > Evan married Ann Maria Phillips on 13 March 1843 and Owen married
      > Sarah Gentry on 8 August 1846>
      > William came from Coity near Bridgend South Wales and was the
      > brother of my partner's great great great grandmother Lettice
      Thomas