Families

  • hyacinthfmclayton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2007
      Good Morning, from cold and sunny Beck Row, Suffolk. I would like to
      know if anyone can help me to find out if I still have living family in
      St Helena. My greatgrandmother, called Elizabeth Helena Bales / Veotte
      (nee Manuel)She was born 3/12/1865 in St Helena. She left there, but
      don't know when, and went to Cape Town, South Africa with a daughter
      called Agnes. She married a George Bales 4/12/1886 and she was 21years
      old, at St Johns the Evangelist Church, Cape Town, South Africa. I
      guess they parted ways, because she then married my greatgrandfather
      and together they had two sons. I don't know when she married my
      greatgrandfather. He died in 1912 age 43years and she died 20/11/1948
      at the age of 83 years. That is all I know of my greatgrandmother. So
      any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.