Families

  • hyacinthfmclayton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2007
      Good Morning All. I have not posted for a while, trying to do some
      searching myself. I would like to know if anyone could help me trace my
      grandmother's family, if any. Her name Phillida Arrison born c1890 in
      Koelenhof, Stellenbosch, South Africa, died 1961 in Salt River, Cape
      Town, South Africa. That is all I know. I seemed to have been going
      round in circles and not getting anywhere fast. Any help would be much
      appreciated, thanks.
    • hyacinthfmclayton
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2007
        Good Morning, from cold and sunny Beck Row, Suffolk. I would like to
        know if anyone can help me to find out if I still have living family in
        St Helena. My greatgrandmother, called Elizabeth Helena Bales / Veotte
        (nee Manuel)She was born 3/12/1865 in St Helena. She left there, but
        don't know when, and went to Cape Town, South Africa with a daughter
        called Agnes. She married a George Bales 4/12/1886 and she was 21years
        old, at St Johns the Evangelist Church, Cape Town, South Africa. I
        guess they parted ways, because she then married my greatgrandfather
        and together they had two sons. I don't know when she married my
        greatgrandfather. He died in 1912 age 43years and she died 20/11/1948
        at the age of 83 years. That is all I know of my greatgrandmother. So
        any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.