Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Kirby

  • Alan and/or Judy
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
      Good for you! Happy to help out :-)
      Did you see the pictures of my Grandfather on the cricket and football teams?
      My mother has some more photos of St. Helena but they are in Berkley. I'll get them all on line ASAP. (it may be a while)
      I asked my father if he know you. He asked what street you lived on in Birmingham.
      Alan
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

        <aruss11@...> wrote:

        > Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman
        in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
        > My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war
        bride moved to the USA in 1945.

      • lilliankw1
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
          You are in my "kids" age group. I had cousins who lived in Berkley.
          Also relatives in Windsor and Montreal.

          <aruss11@...> wrote:

          > Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman
          in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
          > My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war
          bride moved to the USA in 1945.

        • lilliankw1
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
            I lived on Windemere St. between Edinborough and St Andrews, one
            block from the Somerset Apartments and Coolidge Road. My last name was
            Masta then.
            Your pictures are great! My dad was a Mason. I also have a photo of
            his brother's cricket team taken about 1914. Unfortunately, he was
            killed in World War I. I found his grandson online in Australia and
            now we email back and forth.