Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Kirby

  • Alan and/or Judy
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
      Newfoundland. She moved to the US in 1995.
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

        <lilliankw1@ ...> wrote:

        > Small, small world!!! I grew up in Royal Oak from 6 months old
        until
        > I married in 1947. Then I lived in Birmingham until I moved to
        > Florida in 1968. You probably weren't even born yet.
        >
        > --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Alan and/or Judy"
        > <aruss11@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

      • Alan and/or Judy
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
          Good for you! Happy to help out :-)
          Did you see the pictures of my Grandfather on the cricket and football teams?
          My mother has some more photos of St. Helena but they are in Berkley. I'll get them all on line ASAP. (it may be a while)
          I asked my father if he know you. He asked what street you lived on in Birmingham.
          Alan
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

            <aruss11@...> wrote:

            > Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman
            in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
            > My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war
            bride moved to the USA in 1945.

          • lilliankw1
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
              You are in my "kids" age group. I had cousins who lived in Berkley.
              Also relatives in Windsor and Montreal.

              <aruss11@...> wrote:

              > Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman
              in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
              > My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war
              bride moved to the USA in 1945.

            • lilliankw1
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
                I lived on Windemere St. between Edinborough and St Andrews, one
                block from the Somerset Apartments and Coolidge Road. My last name was
                Masta then.
                Your pictures are great! My dad was a Mason. I also have a photo of
                his brother's cricket team taken about 1914. Unfortunately, he was
                killed in World War I. I found his grandson online in Australia and
                now we email back and forth.