Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Kirby

  • Alan and/or Judy
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
      Hello Lillian,
      Did you look at the East India website? Try this link.
      Where do you live?
      Alan
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
        Thanks so much! I'll check it out.
        I live in Tampa, Florida....before that Michigan.
        You?

        --- Alan and/or Judy <aruss11@...> wrote:

        > Hello Lillian,
        > Did you look at the East India website? Try this
        > link.
        > http://indiafamily.bl.uk/UI/
        > Where do you live?
        > Alan

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Alan and/or Judy
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
          I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

          --- Alan and/or Judy <aruss11@cox. net> wrote:

          > Hello Lillian,
          > Did you look at the East India website? Try this
          > link.
          > http://indiafamily. bl.uk/UI/
          > Where do you live?
          > Alan

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

        • Alan and/or Judy
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
            Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
            My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war bride moved to the USA in 1945.
            Small, small world!!! I grew up in Royal Oak from 6 months old until
            I married in 1947. Then I lived in Birmingham until I moved to
            Florida in 1968. You probably weren't even born yet.

            --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Alan and/or Judy"
            <aruss11@... > wrote:

            > I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

          • Alan and/or Judy
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
              Indeed! My mother and I would go to Windsor to purchase British groceries. Been through the tunnel many a time. Are you from Windsor? My fiancé is from Canada.

              Small world indeed! I live in Windsor, Ontario, just across the river
              from Detroit, so close to these communities you mention.
              St. Helena seems like a different world....... ...

              Adele

              --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "lilliankw1"
              <lilliankw1@ ...> wrote:

              > Small, small world!!! I grew up in Royal Oak from 6 months old
              until
              > I married in 1947. Then I lived in Birmingham until I moved to
              > Florida in 1968. You probably weren't even born yet.
              >
              > --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Alan and/or Judy"
              > <aruss11@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

            • Alan and/or Judy
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
                Newfoundland. She moved to the US in 1995.
                Yes, born and raised here, as was my husband. His mother was born in Woolwich, in England but her gt-grandmother was the one who was born on St. Helena.
                Where is your fiancé from?

                <lilliankw1@ ...> wrote:

                > Small, small world!!! I grew up in Royal Oak from 6 months old
                until
                > I married in 1947. Then I lived in Birmingham until I moved to
                > Florida in 1968. You probably weren't even born yet.
                >
                > --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Alan and/or Judy"
                > <aruss11@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

              • lilliankw1
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

                  <aruss11@...> wrote:

                  > I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

                • amclenn1
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

                    <lilliankw1@...> wrote:

                    > Small, small world!!! I grew up in Royal Oak from 6 months old
                    until
                    > I married in 1947. Then I lived in Birmingham until I moved to
                    > Florida in 1968. You probably weren't even born yet.
                    >
                    > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Alan and/or Judy"
                    > <aruss11@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

                  • Adele
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

                      <lilliankw1@ ...> wrote:

                      > Small, small world!!! I grew up in Royal Oak from 6 months old
                      until
                      > I married in 1947. Then I lived in Birmingham until I moved to
                      > Florida in 1968. You probably weren't even born yet.
                      >
                      > --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Alan and/or Judy"
                      > <aruss11@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm in Louisiana, before that Michigan. Royal Oak area.

                    • Alan and/or Judy
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
                        Good for you! Happy to help out :-)
                        Did you see the pictures of my Grandfather on the cricket and football teams?
                        My mother has some more photos of St. Helena but they are in Berkley. I'll get them all on line ASAP. (it may be a while)
                        I asked my father if he know you. He asked what street you lived on in Birmingham.
                        Alan
                        Alan, Thanks for the tip on the East India site. I found out that my
                        ggg grandfather, William Kirby married Ann Thompson in 1827. I knew
                        her name was Ann, but not her maiden name or date of marriage. That's
                        all they had, but I'm a happy camper!

                        <aruss11@... > wrote:

                        > Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman
                        in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
                        > My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war
                        bride moved to the USA in 1945.

                      • lilliankw1
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007

                          <aruss11@...> wrote:

                          > Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman
                          in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
                          > My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war
                          bride moved to the USA in 1945.

                        • lilliankw1
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
                            You are in my "kids" age group. I had cousins who lived in Berkley.
                            Also relatives in Windsor and Montreal.

                            <aruss11@...> wrote:

                            > Actually I lived in Berkley, born in 1955. My father was a postman
                            in Birmingham. Lyle Russell.
                            > My mother and grandmother were born on St. Helena. She was a war
                            bride moved to the USA in 1945.

                          • lilliankw1
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 4, 2007
                              I lived on Windemere St. between Edinborough and St Andrews, one
                              block from the Somerset Apartments and Coolidge Road. My last name was
                              Masta then.
                              Your pictures are great! My dad was a Mason. I also have a photo of
                              his brother's cricket team taken about 1914. Unfortunately, he was
                              killed in World War I. I found his grandson online in Australia and
                              now we email back and forth.