Photographs

  • shpostcards
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Great to be able to see
      I have posted two photographs taken around 1900 .
      Are these Your ancestors?
      I would love to have names for them
    • Adele
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
        Clifford - thanks for the site. However it appears I have to subscribe to be able to view them?

        Adele

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
          I have checked anyone should be able to see. does not cost to join any way
          Clifford - thanks for the site. However it appears I have to subscribe to be able to view them?

          Adele

          Please look at other pictures and video's I have posted on this site.

           you do not have to join to view.

          Clifford

          > wrote: It is indeed, as the back of the photo (supplied to me off list)
          > states 'W. Pike, St Helena' (with the a).<<<
          >
          > Any chance to see earlier photos or postcards? My husband's ancestors
          > had 3 Andersons born in St. Helena between 1847-1852. Still not sure
          > why the parents were there - Isaac and Eliza Anderson. Next we see the
          > 2 older children in Woolwich, England. I have records for them after
          > that - just not much info for St. Helena.
          >
          > Since I have started writing my second book on our family histories, I
          > am adding all new information discovered over the past year or so. I
          > was hoping to find more on St. Helena. Photos or sketches from that
          > time would be helpful.
          >
          > thanks
          > Adele

        • Adele
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
            Hi again - I didn't realize I had to view the actual video to see the postcards. Very interesting. However, these are some years past the time when my husband's ancestors would have been born and lived there.

            Thanks
            Adele

            I have checked anyone should be able to see. does not cost to join any way
            Clifford - thanks for the site. However it appears I have to subscribe to be able to view them?

            Adele

            Please look at other pictures and video's I have posted on this site.

             you do not have to join to view.

            Clifford

            > wrote: It is indeed, as the back of the photo (supplied to me off list)
            > states 'W. Pike, St Helena' (with the a).<<<
            >
            > Any chance to see earlier photos or postcards? My husband's ancestors
            > had 3 Andersons born in St. Helena between 1847-1852. Still not sure
            > why the parents were there - Isaac and Eliza Anderson. Next we see the
            > 2 older children in Woolwich, England. I have records for them after
            > that - just not much info for St. Helena.
            >
            > Since I have started writing my second book on our family histories, I
            > am adding all new information discovered over the past year or so. I
            > was hoping to find more on St. Helena. Photos or sketches from that
            > time would be helpful.
            >
            > thanks
            > Adele

          • Alan and/or Judy
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
              Hi all,
              If you create a user profile there are a lot more photos to view. Quite impressive, I might add.
              Alan

              Hi again - I didn't realize I had to view the actual video to see the postcards. Very interesting. However, these are some years past the time when my husband's ancestors would have been born and lived there.

              Thanks
              Adele

              I have checked anyone should be able to see. does not cost to join any way
              Clifford - thanks for the site. However it appears I have to subscribe to be able to view them?

              Adele

              Please look at other pictures and video's I have posted on this site.

               you do not have to join to view.

              Clifford

              > wrote: It is indeed, as the back of the photo (supplied to me off list)
              > states 'W. Pike, St Helena' (with the a).<<<
              >
              > Any chance to see earlier photos or postcards? My husband's ancestors
              > had 3 Andersons born in St. Helena between 1847-1852. Still not sure
              > why the parents were there - Isaac and Eliza Anderson. Next we see the
              > 2 older children in Woolwich, England. I have records for them after
              > that - just not much info for St. Helena.
              >
              > Since I have started writing my second book on our family histories, I
              > am adding all new information discovered over the past year or so. I
              > was hoping to find more on St. Helena. Photos or sketches from that
              > time would be helpful.
              >
              > thanks
              > Adele

            • Adele
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
                I'd prefer not to create a user profile. I already have too many as it is. Thank you for what I could see.

                Adele