St Helena Family Links

  • artoriousellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hi All,
      I am interested in hearing from anyone who may have any information
      on the following names. I originally knew that my maternal family
      came from St Helena but only later by a stroke of luck discovered my
      paternal family ties with the Island.Names are
      Maternal
      Fagan
      Yon Wallace
      Scott
      Russel

      Paternal
      Ellis
      Chitchen(Mary Ann)
      Henry
      Simon
      My original family that left St Helena travelled in 1874 from the
      Island to Durban , Natal on the Ocean Ranger. There I discovered my
      ggrandfather , Charles Edward Ellis (14yrs) & my ggrandmother who
      also travelled on the same vessel , Sarah Maria Henry ( a
      coincidence or did they know each other before the trip) They
      married in Durban 22 May 1882 at St Cyprians Church.
      If anyone has any further information on any of the above names it
      would be greatly appreciated.
      Regards
      Rob
    • su rowbotham
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        Message
        Hi Rob
        I have Scotts in my tree.
        My email is su.monkey@... if you want to share information.

        Su

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi Rob,

          Do you still have access to the passenger list of the Ocean Ranger, or do you remember seeing a George SEFTON, on the list?  I know George SEFTON, traveled to Durban/Natal from St. Helena about the same time.

          Thank you for your response.

          Regards,

          Lynn

          Seeking SEFTON, HUBBARD, PURVIS, CLAYTON, HILLIER, and HARRIS, families of St. Helena in the 1800's.