Sophia Yon 1834

  • MARK ROUSE
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2007
      I am looking for information on Sophia Yon,  baptised June 1834, parents John & Dorothea.

      Any information on her, or her descendants will be gratefully received.
    • igierdien
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "MARK ROUSE"
        <mark.rouse1@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for information on Sophia Yon, baptised June 1834,
        parents John & Dorothea.

        > Any information on her, or her descendants will be gratefully
        received.

        Dear Mark,
        I know this is a bit late, but I was wondering if you managed to find
        any info on Sophia Yon... This may or may not be connected to you but
        pls bare with me.
        My uncle in sth Africa is doing the family tree (Bizaare) and traced
        it to St Helena Island. He's traced my Grt grt grandfather Alfred
        Bizaare there but is not sure beyond that. there is a grave for
        Joseph bizarre (diff Spelling) in St. Pauls g/yard. We not sure if he
        is Alfreds Dad. I've also made contact with my fathers 2nd cousin on
        the island who is also trying to do the family tree & she mentioned
        the grave. My uncle however does have some info on Joseph Bizaare
        which you may find interesting.
        #1)he married a Sophia Yon.
        records show that they had a child in 1862 )male, no name, another
        Robert in 1864, a daughter in 1866 and another daughter in 1869. Let
        it be known his records show that each birth registration the surname
        of the father was spelt slightly different eg bazaar & Bozzar.
        another interesting twist is that he was given information on Sophia
        Yon.. I'm assuming that they may be different people. Here goes...

        #2)Sophia Yon who together with A Josephj Husser had a child by the
        name of Joseph Yon born 17 July 1854- do not know if this is the
        same Sophia Yon I mentioned earlier.( hope not)
        #3)Sophia Yon had a child with one Jose Maria in 1858
        #4)and another with a Joseph Marren in 1860

        I think he may have got this info by contacting Archives in St
        helena.. Sorry this is not any concrete info but I thought you'd may
        find it interesting.Hope this may get you started somewhere.. Sophia
        yon which crops up in 4 different families.
        we're thinking Joseph bizaare was born maybe around the 1840 circa so
        u never no. We are doing the bizaare side but if I get any more info
        any of the sophia yons I will pass it on.

        Best of luck
        Imelda
      • chinookstorms
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 26, 2008
          <mark.rouse1@...> wrote:

          > I am looking for information on Sophia Yon, baptised June 1834,
          parents John & Dorothea.

          > Any information on her, or her descendants will be gratefully
          received.

          Mark,
          just a few snippets of information which may be of some interest
          which I discovered whilst researching the Hamilton's of St Helena

          I have a listing of Joseph Bizarre (occupation Boatman) and Sophia
          Yon (occupation laundress) marrying in Jamestown on 1 November 1862.

          I also have a listing of slaves which may be of some interest.

          Slave Yon and slave Margaret have a child Eliza on 5 February 1825
          baptised 11 September1825

          The slaves of Mr Antony Beale, Sarah and***Yon marriage 12 February
          1820

          The slaves of the Thomas Greentree, James (Anthony ??) and Eleanor
          Yonn have a child Kitty Anthony? 3 April 1816.

          Regards, Rob Hamilton, Victoria. Australia.
        • Trevor and Jill Riches
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 26, 2008

            PLEASE tell me how to unsubscribe.  The unsubscribe option at the bottom of the emails does not work!

            Kind regards

            Jill

            > I am looking for information on Sophia Yon, baptised June 1834,
            parents John & Dorothea.

            > Any information on her, or her descendants will be gratefully
            received.

            Mark,
            just a few snippets of information which may be of some interest
            which I discovered whilst researching the Hamilton 's of St Helena

            I have a listing of Joseph Bizarre (occupati

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)
          • DavSpread@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2008
              Hi Mark,
              Details from my family tree (Everton/Roakes):

              William Everton married Margaret Yon (age 32/spinster/ladder hill) 1/5/1882

              Margeret died 3/10/1884

              Children
              Caroline Susannah d.o.b 15/10/1882. baptised 15/12/1882. died 26/1/1884

              (sounds like a tragic affair)

              Regards,
              David
            • igierdien
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2008
                jill not sure if this will help.. once u log onto yahoo and go to
                the group.. click on memberships.. further down you will see a
                messages section.. click on web only.. and maybe u won't get
                everybody's messages or notification emails of new messages posted on
                the site.

                Hope this is a better option.
                Imelda

                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor and Jill Riches"

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 27, 2008

                  Hello Imelda

                  Another problem is I can’t log onto Yahoo – I don’t remember my email address or password and I cannot retrieve them - have tried everything I know and I am not winning.  I have tried the unsubscribe buttons literally dozens of times and that has not worked.  I did manage to contact Yahoo through a marketing department email address I found on line.  I was sent an email my customer support suggesting all the things I have tried and also giving me another email address to write to but all emails to that address bounce!  I am getting quite cross J

                  I could do something rude and get banned!  Couldn’t someone report me for being rude?

                  Thank you for trying to help Imelda

                  Kind regards

                  Jill

                  From: