[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Knipe and Philips fam

  • dngskll
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2007
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Angus Williams
      <angustessa@...> wrote:
      Hello Gus,

      Sorry, I've no pictures of that era. I think your best bet is to try
      and get the birth, marriage or death certificates of known ancestors
      to see what information you can find. You may well find proof of
      parents names and occupation or even place of birth. Then work
      backward from these. I don't know how things work in NZ and
      unfortunately I can't help you as I don't have internet access
      regarding genealogy for that part of the world. However, if you find
      that your ancestors originated in England or the US let me know and
      I'll try to find info for you.

      Regards,

      Diane

      > G/day Diane
      > All have to go at this moment in time is hearsay from the other
      cousins,and some about 3/4/5 generations ago we they think that we do
      Thomas in the line.Who know ????
      > Could you please send me some of the pics that you have
      > Thank you Very much for the help that you,ve given me on my quest
      of my fam tree
      > thanxs
      > Gus

    • Angus williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
        -HIYA Diane
        I actually meant pics you took while you where there on holiday or if
        anybody out there reading this thread has pics of the island please
        send them to me
        Diane could you check on a Colonel Knipe of her majesties army Late
        1800,s Early 1900,she was banished to St Helena. As he is my GGG
        grand father.
        thanx once more for everyones help
        Gus

      • DavSpread@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
          Hi Gus,
          go to this web site and follow the links to Our Lifestyle for some pictures of St Helena.
          Regards,
          David.
        • dngskll
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2007
            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Angus williams"
            <angustessa@...> wrote:

            Hello Gus,

            Sorry for the rather late reply. If you let me know your email address
            I'll send a PDF file of a few photos. I don't think I can attach
            anything to answers in the forum. Let me know the largest attachment
            your internet provider allows.

            Regards,

            Diane

            > -HIYA Diane
            > I actually meant pics you took while you where there on holiday or if
            > anybody out there reading this thread has pics of the island please
            > send them to me
            > Diane could you check on a Colonel Knipe of her majesties army Late
            > 1800,s Early 1900,she was banished to St Helena. As he is my GGG
            > grand father.
            > thanx once more for everyones help
            > Gus

          • Jennifer_de_Beer
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 18, 2008
              Hi Gus,

              I have some family tree info compiled from a family reunion held in
              1999 at Martin's Episcopal Church in Bergvliet, South Africa. Since
              there were a couple of family members of various generations present
              at the reunion, the data I have I regard as a "generally agreed upon
              collective memory" of the family setup. (We pasted pictures of
              everybody on a wall, thus illustrating the family tree. How I wish I´d
              had a digital (or any) camera with me back then...)

              The Phillips-Knipe union are my maternal G grandparents; Emily Pearce
              (nee Phillips) is my grandmother. I take it then that your
              grandmother, Maud Elizabeth ("May" below, ch 1), was my grandmother,
              Emily´s, sister.

              Edward Nathaniel Phillips married Maud Elizabeth Knipe (whose father
              was a Colonel Knipe).
              They had 8 children (not clear if this (below) is the birth order):

              ch 1) May (married John Williams)- ch: Robert, Claude, Peter

              ch 2) Emily (married Jack Pearce) - ch: Cyril, Desmond, Denny, Peggy,
              Maud, Shirley
              + Stepchildren: Tilly, Doreen, Arthur, Charlie

              ch 3) Sonny (m Emmy Phillips)- ch: Dolly, Sidney, Edward, Beattie,
              Margaret

              ch 4) Beatty (m Abe Brink)- no descendants

              ch 5) Charlie (m Rosie, m Kathleen) - ch: Graham, Gerry, Bruce,
              Lilette, Rita, Rowland, Derrick

              ch 6) Alice (m Abe Wentzel) - ch: June

              ch 7) George (m Molly) - ch: Adelaide, Georgie

              ch 8) Sam (m May) - ch: Anthony, Jennifer, Raymond

              Legend: ch = child; m = married
              I have no fixed birth nor marriage dates for the above.

              All the best, Jennifer