Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Knipe and Philips fam

  • Crystal Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2007
      Hi Diane - do you know who Martha Louisa married?

      dngskll <diane_202@...> wrote:
      --- In st-helena-genealogy @yahoogroups. com, "Angus williams"
      <angustessa@ ...> wrote:
      Hello Angus,

      I have the name Phillip in my family tree. I don't know if they are
      related to your side.

      Diana Johns married Henry Phillip 25 Mar 1823, on St Helena. I believe
      its possible that both Henry and Diana were free slaves. Evidence not
      substantiated but compelling.

      I've found 4 children so far. Ann Maria b1820, Martha Louisa b1823,
      Henry John b 1824 and James b1826.

      Ann Maria married Evan Thomas 1845 on St Helena and it's the Thomas
      side that I've followed so far. Evan being my GGG Grandfather.

      I'm in England and was lucky enough to visit the island a few years
      ago. The information above, I found in the island archives.

      Who knows, we may be related.

      Best of luck with your research.

      Regards,

      Diane

      > G/day to all
      > My names Angus Williams .I,m the grandson of Maud Elizabeth Williams
      > (nee) Phillips Who was the daughter of Nathaniel Edward Phillips Who i
      > think decends from the banished colonel Knipe of the British army
      > from what i gather is that my nan(gran)stay in hollow tree
      > i,m realy eager to find out where they come from and to find any fam
      > that is still there
      > thanks

    • dngskll
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2007
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Crystal Williams
        <cryswil27@...> wrote:
        Hello Crystal,

        Sorry, I don't know who she married. I was following the Thomas line
        and so didn't carry on with that line of research. Unfortunately,
        the only access to the archives is either physically, on the island
        of St Helena or at the archives in London. Failing that possibly via
        email to the archivist, Lacosta MacDaniel on St Helena or to South
        Africa. I can't remember the address of SA but if you want it, get
        back to me and I'll look it up for you.

        Regards,

        Diane