Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Knipe and Philips fam

  • Angus Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2007
      G/day Diane
      All have to go at this moment in time is hearsay from the other cousins,and some about 3/4/5 generations ago we they think that we do Thomas in the line.Who know ????
      Could you please send me some of the pics that you have
      Thank you Very much for the help that you,ve given me on my quest of my fam tree
      thanxs
      Gus
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2007
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Angus Williams
        <angustessa@...> wrote:
        Hello Gus,

        Sorry, I've no pictures of that era. I think your best bet is to try
        and get the birth, marriage or death certificates of known ancestors
        to see what information you can find. You may well find proof of
        parents names and occupation or even place of birth. Then work
        backward from these. I don't know how things work in NZ and
        unfortunately I can't help you as I don't have internet access
        regarding genealogy for that part of the world. However, if you find
        that your ancestors originated in England or the US let me know and
        I'll try to find info for you.

        Regards,

        Diane

        > G/day Diane
        > All have to go at this moment in time is hearsay from the other
        cousins,and some about 3/4/5 generations ago we they think that we do
        Thomas in the line.Who know ????
        > Could you please send me some of the pics that you have
        > Thank you Very much for the help that you,ve given me on my quest
        of my fam tree
        > thanxs
        > Gus

      • Angus williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
          -HIYA Diane
          I actually meant pics you took while you where there on holiday or if
          anybody out there reading this thread has pics of the island please
          send them to me
          Diane could you check on a Colonel Knipe of her majesties army Late
          1800,s Early 1900,she was banished to St Helena. As he is my GGG
          grand father.
          thanx once more for everyones help
          Gus

        • DavSpread@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
            Hi Gus,
            go to this web site and follow the links to Our Lifestyle for some pictures of St Helena.
            Regards,
            David.
          • dngskll
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 23, 2007
              --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Angus williams"
              <angustessa@...> wrote:

              Hello Gus,

              Sorry for the rather late reply. If you let me know your email address
              I'll send a PDF file of a few photos. I don't think I can attach
              anything to answers in the forum. Let me know the largest attachment
              your internet provider allows.

              Regards,

              Diane

              > -HIYA Diane
              > I actually meant pics you took while you where there on holiday or if
              > anybody out there reading this thread has pics of the island please
              > send them to me
              > Diane could you check on a Colonel Knipe of her majesties army Late
              > 1800,s Early 1900,she was banished to St Helena. As he is my GGG
              > grand father.
              > thanx once more for everyones help
              > Gus

            • Jennifer_de_Beer
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 18, 2008
                Hi Gus,

                I have some family tree info compiled from a family reunion held in
                1999 at Martin's Episcopal Church in Bergvliet, South Africa. Since
                there were a couple of family members of various generations present
                at the reunion, the data I have I regard as a "generally agreed upon
                collective memory" of the family setup. (We pasted pictures of
                everybody on a wall, thus illustrating the family tree. How I wish I´d
                had a digital (or any) camera with me back then...)

                The Phillips-Knipe union are my maternal G grandparents; Emily Pearce
                (nee Phillips) is my grandmother. I take it then that your
                grandmother, Maud Elizabeth ("May" below, ch 1), was my grandmother,
                Emily´s, sister.

                Edward Nathaniel Phillips married Maud Elizabeth Knipe (whose father
                was a Colonel Knipe).
                They had 8 children (not clear if this (below) is the birth order):

                ch 1) May (married John Williams)- ch: Robert, Claude, Peter

                ch 2) Emily (married Jack Pearce) - ch: Cyril, Desmond, Denny, Peggy,
                Maud, Shirley
                + Stepchildren: Tilly, Doreen, Arthur, Charlie

                ch 3) Sonny (m Emmy Phillips)- ch: Dolly, Sidney, Edward, Beattie,
                Margaret

                ch 4) Beatty (m Abe Brink)- no descendants

                ch 5) Charlie (m Rosie, m Kathleen) - ch: Graham, Gerry, Bruce,
                Lilette, Rita, Rowland, Derrick

                ch 6) Alice (m Abe Wentzel) - ch: June

                ch 7) George (m Molly) - ch: Adelaide, Georgie

                ch 8) Sam (m May) - ch: Anthony, Jennifer, Raymond

                Legend: ch = child; m = married
                I have no fixed birth nor marriage dates for the above.

                All the best, Jennifer