Knipe and Philips fam

  • Angus williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2007
      G/day to all
      My names Angus Williams .I,m the grandson of Maud Elizabeth Williams
      (nee) Phillips Who was the daughter of Nathaniel Edward Phillips Who i
      think decends from the banished colonel Knipe of the British army
      from what i gather is that my nan(gran)stay in hollow tree
      i,m realy eager to find out where they come from and to find any fam
      that is still there
      thanks
    • dngskll
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2007
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Angus williams"
        <angustessa@...> wrote:
        Hello Angus,

        I have the name Phillip in my family tree. I don't know if they are
        related to your side.

        Diana Johns married Henry Phillip 25 Mar 1823, on St Helena. I believe
        its possible that both Henry and Diana were free slaves. Evidence not
        substantiated but compelling.

        I've found 4 children so far. Ann Maria b1820, Martha Louisa b1823,
        Henry John b 1824 and James b1826.

        Ann Maria married Evan Thomas 1845 on St Helena and it's the Thomas
        side that I've followed so far. Evan being my GGG Grandfather.

        I'm in England and was lucky enough to visit the island a few years
        ago. The information above, I found in the island archives.

        Who knows, we may be related.

        Best of luck with your research.

        Regards,

        Diane

        > G/day to all
        > My names Angus Williams .I,m the grandson of Maud Elizabeth Williams
        > (nee) Phillips Who was the daughter of Nathaniel Edward Phillips Who i
        > think decends from the banished colonel Knipe of the British army
        > from what i gather is that my nan(gran)stay in hollow tree
        > i,m realy eager to find out where they come from and to find any fam
        > that is still there
        > thanks

      • Crystal Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2007
          Hi Diane - do you know who Martha Louisa married?

          <angustessa@ ...> wrote:
          Hello Angus,

          I have the name Phillip in my family tree. I don't know if they are
          related to your side.

          Diana Johns married Henry Phillip 25 Mar 1823, on St Helena. I believe
          its possible that both Henry and Diana were free slaves. Evidence not
          substantiated but compelling.

          I've found 4 children so far. Ann Maria b1820, Martha Louisa b1823,
          Henry John b 1824 and James b1826.

          Ann Maria married Evan Thomas 1845 on St Helena and it's the Thomas
          side that I've followed so far. Evan being my GGG Grandfather.

          I'm in England and was lucky enough to visit the island a few years
          ago. The information above, I found in the island archives.

          Who knows, we may be related.

          Best of luck with your research.

          Regards,

          Diane

          > G/day to all
          > My names Angus Williams .I,m the grandson of Maud Elizabeth Williams
          > (nee) Phillips Who was the daughter of Nathaniel Edward Phillips Who i
          > think decends from the banished colonel Knipe of the British army
          > from what i gather is that my nan(gran)stay in hollow tree
          > i,m realy eager to find out where they come from and to find any fam
          > that is still there
          > thanks

        • dngskll
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 14, 2007
            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Crystal Williams
            <cryswil27@...> wrote:
            Hello Crystal,

            Sorry, I don't know who she married. I was following the Thomas line
            and so didn't carry on with that line of research. Unfortunately,
            the only access to the archives is either physically, on the island
            of St Helena or at the archives in London. Failing that possibly via
            email to the archivist, Lacosta MacDaniel on St Helena or to South
            Africa. I can't remember the address of SA but if you want it, get
            back to me and I'll look it up for you.

            Regards,

            Diane