New query

  • aruss55
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2007
      Hello,
      My mother who was born on St. Helena has a silver cup that her mother
      gave her. It was given to my Grand mother my her grand mother (I
      think) The inscription reads "to Elizabeth Banks from Elizabeth Yates"
      Does anyone know of these two ladies?
      Thanks,
      Alan
    • aruss55
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2007
        Sorry, I should have noted that the date on the cup is 1786.
        Alan
      • len weston
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2007
          Hi Alan,
          My Weston family has Yates connections. Sarah Yates married Charles Weston in 1803.
          Sarah had a sister Elizabeth Bolton Yates born 1782 on St Helena. Parents Thomas and Sarah Yates. Elizabeth married Thomas Adams on the island about 1798 and they had two children. Thomas John born 1800 and Sarah born 1802. Could be the Elizabeth Yates you are looking for.
          Regards
          Len Weston

          aruss55 <aruss11@...> wrote:
          Sorry, I should have noted that the date on the cup is 1786.
          Alan

          Luggage? GPS? Comic books?