Hi

  • Alan and/or Judy
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
      Hi
    • aruss55
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
        Hi, My grandmother was born on St Helena. Her name was Elizabeth
        Scott. She Married Douglas Harvey from Porstmouth. Is the any history
        of her ancestors?
      • su rowbotham
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2007
          Message
          I have an Elizabeth Annie Scott, born 14th Nov 1884. She was born on St Helena, the last of Edward and Sophia Scott. But I do not have any details about her marriage.
          My g.grandmother was Gertrude, Elizabeth's sister. If this sounds as though it may be the correct Elizabeth Scott I do have some more info about the family in general.
          There don't seem to be many Scott's so It might be a relation.

          Su

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 10, 2007
            Hi Su,
            The names match but I'm not sure about the dates. My mother is sure that her aunt's name was Gertrude. She's getting more details. My mother was also born there, Mabel Scott born in 1921.
            Where do you live?
            Kind Regards,
            Alan

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 10, 2007
              Hello again,
              I just talked to my mother. She has a cousin living in England named Joyce. Could that be your mother or aunt?
              The G.G.Grand Parents names match too.
              Alan

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 11, 2007
                Message
                HI Alan
                I live just outside of Peterborough, and have only dreamed of visiting the Island
                I don't know of any Joyce, but I only have details of some of Edward and Sophie's children's offspring.
                The children are as follows
                Richard 1869-?
                Henry 1871-?
                Ada 1872-?
                Emily 1874-?  I have been in contact with her Granddaughter via this site.
                Arthur 1876-?
                Gertrude 1878-1976 My G.Grandmother
                Lucy 1881-? I have known some of this side all my life, but there are still gaps
                Elizabeth 1884 -
                my email is su.monkey@... That way I can send you a copy of the tree as I have it.
                Su

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 14, 2007
                  Su,
                  I added some images to the family tree and I have some older ones that I need to get from my mother to scan.
                   This might seem like a odd question but I have seen some other posts referring to "native" St. Helenaians. Were our ancestors "native"?
                  Kind regards,
                  Alan
                  I live just outside of Peterborough, and have only dreamed of visiting the Island
                  I don't know of any Joyce, but I only have details of some of Edward and Sophie's children's offspring.
                  The children are as follows
                  Richard 1869-?
                  Henry 1871-?
                  Ada 1872-?
                  Emily 1874-?  I have been in contact with her Granddaughter via this site.
                  Arthur 1876-?
                  Gertrude 1878-1976 My G.Grandmother
                  Lucy 1881-? I have known some of this side all my life, but there are still gaps
                  Elizabeth 1884 -
                  my email is su.monkey@virgin. net That way I can send you a copy of the tree as I have it.
                  Su

                  I just talked to my mother. She has a cousin living in England named Joyce. Could that be your mother or aunt?
                  The G.G.Grand Parents names match too.
                  Alan

                  Hi, My grandmother was born on St Helena. Her name was Elizabeth
                  Scott. She Married Douglas Harvey from Porstmouth. Is the any history
                  of her ancestors?

                • Shirley Morgan
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 8, 2010

                    Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK