Re: Surnames Chaplin Griffin Seabrooks

  • hyacinthfmclayton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2007
      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Bad Lioness
      <badlioness1@...> wrote:

      > Hi my name is Michelle Griffin and I was always curious about my
      family history. My mother is the daughter of Ivery Griffin and Elenor
      Chaplin.
      > I don't know that much about my grandparents family. However I do know
      that my Grandmother comes from St-Helena.
      > It would greatly apreciated if anyone knows of this surname: Chaplin.
      > As for the surname Griffin, and for reason the other name Seabrooks
      connects to both names I don't know if any of his family members came
      from St-Helena, but if so please provide me with information.

      > Thank you
      > Michelle Griffin

      Hi Michelle,

      None of those names ring a bell, but it is not to say that they won't
      come up somewhere in our trees. My name is Hyacinth F M Clayton. ''nee
      Veotte'' I only know that Elizabeth Bales with a daughter Agnes, went to
      Cape Town, from St Helena Island, when or how, I am trying to find out.

      Regards,

      Hyacinth

      > ---------------------------------
      > You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck
      > in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    • Bad Lioness
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2007
        Thank you for your input, this has been my dream to find out about my grandparents. My mother only knows about the Island her mother comes from which is St. Helena. I do know that my grandmother came to America and my mother was born in Savannah Ga in 1944.
        Again thank you and if you hear of anything please let me know.
        Michelle Griffin

        <badlioness1@ ...> wrote:

        > Hi my name is Michelle Griffin and I was always curious about my
        family history. My mother is the daughter of Ivery Griffin and Elenor
        Chaplin.
        > I don't know that much about my grandparents family. However I do know
        that my Grandmother comes from St-Helena.
        > It would greatly apreciated if anyone knows of this surname: Chaplin.
        > As for the surname Griffin, and for reason the other name Seabrooks
        connects to both names I don't know if any of his family members came
        from St-Helena, but if so please provide me with information.

        > Thank you
        > Michelle Griffin

        Hi Michelle,

        None of those names ring a bell, but it is not to say that they won't
        come up somewhere in our trees. My name is Hyacinth F M Clayton. ''nee
        Veotte'' I only know that Elizabeth Bales with a daughter Agnes, went to
        Cape Town, from St Helena Island, when or how, I am trying to find out.

        Regards,

        Hyacinth

        > You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck
        > in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...

      • Hyacinth Clayton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2007
          Hi there,
          If I hear anything, I will contact you. All the best in your search.
          Regards,
          Hyacinth