Gilberts on St Helena

  • ianpchandler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2007
      I have done quite a lot of family tree research in England but have one
      outstanding gap. According to the 1891 and 1901 censuses, my great
      great grandfather was called Martin Thomas Lisle Gilbert and was born
      on St Helena around 1865, and his father was called Thomas. By the time
      he was 21, he was a carpenter in Folkestone and marrying a local girl.
      In the small amount of research I've done, I haven't come across any
      Gilberts on St Helena. Does anyone know anything about him or know
      where I could look? I would be very grateful for any advice.