Magnus on St. Helena

  • sigridmcmahon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2007
      In September 1818, Lewis Gideon-Solomon, brother of Saul Solomon,
      married Julia Magnus. An S. Magnus is listed as a Jeweller on St.
      Helena. In Lewis Gideon's Will he mentions his brothers-in-law George
      Eugene Magnus and Samuel Magnus and their wives, all living in UK, and
      leaves to his eldest son Henry Hamer Gideon "the pair of silver
      candlesticks which were presented to me by my father in care of the
      late Mr. Moses Magnus."
      Please help if you have any information at all on the Magnus name
      because I've been unable to connect the above S. Magnus and Moses
      Magnus to Julia Magnus. Lewis Gideon and Julia Magnus were my husband's
      great-grandparents.
      Thank you and regards,
      Sigi McMahon