Info on Cencuses held on St Helena

  • len weston
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2007
      Hi, I am researching the Weston, Clarke, Truebody families on St Helena. Main source of info has been Wits University, LDS records and the net. To date I have traced my family tree back to Charles Weston, a Marshall and Goaler on the island in the early 1800's.  Have also found a distant relative in England via this group. We have exchanged info and cleared up some family history. Our main interest is Charles Weston. Any info appreciated.
      Can anyone provide the dates of the Censuses held on the island. The 1814 Census is the only one I can find on the net. Info on other Censuses before and after 1814 and how to access them would be much appreciated. Thanks. Len Weston, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

      Never miss an email again!
      Yahoo! Toolbar
    • Crystal Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2007
        try www.national.archives.gov.za  - there are lots of charles weston entries on there - go to "search" and then choose "KAB" - and then type in "charles" and "weston" and it will give you all the references - however you have to contact the archives to see the actual record. the internet just gives the reference number for the files.

        Thanx!
        Crystal

        len weston <lenweston@...> wrote:
        Hi, I am researching the Weston, Clarke, Truebody families on St Helena. Main source of info has been Wits University, LDS records and the net. To date I have traced my family tree back to Charles Weston, a Marshall and Goaler on the island in the early 1800's.  Have also found a distant relative in England via this group. We have exchanged info and cleared up some family history. Our main interest is Charles Weston. Any info appreciated.
        Can anyone provide the dates of the Censuses held on the island. The 1814 Census is the only one I can find on the net. Info on other Censuses before and after 1814 and how to access them would be much appreciated. Thanks. Len Weston, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

        Never miss an email again!
        Yahoo! Toolbar

        Got a little couch potato?