Regiments sent to guard Napoleon on St Helena & Mr. Bessie SEFTON, Guard of Nap

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2007
      Hi fellow listers,

      When searching for a link to the East India Company Regiments on St.
      Helena, I found the link below in the UK National Archives. The web
      page gives a brief synopsis of the Regiments that arrived on St.
      Helena, at the beginning and during Bonaparte's exile. The
      information comes from "A St Helena Who's Who" by Arnold Chaplin.

      http://yourarchives.nationalarchives.gov.uk/index.php?
      title=Napoleon_on_St_Helena

      Hope this is helpful to some of you!

      Additionally, I am also very interested in anyone who has information
      re a (Mr.) Bessie SEFTON, who immigrated ? to Dungog, NSW, Australia,
      where he died in 1886. In his obit he claims to have been a Guard of
      Napoleon on St. Helena. His parents were George and Annie SEFTON,
      and a birth place or age is not given. I am curious if this man had
      ties with my SEFTON ancestors on St. Helena.

      Thank you for any assist!

      Regards,

      Lynn

      Researching Sefton's, Hubbard's, and Harris' of St.Helena, 1806-
      1890.