Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Thomas family names

  • Charles Le Breton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2007
      Hi Rob,

      Do you know Arthur Harris. He lives a little way out of Melbourne but spends a lot of time at GSV.

      Connection is more Arthur's than mine although we are both related to Le Breton family.

      You will have noted quite a bit of activity from me and Deirdre Blunt also of Aussy about our search for details of Captain John Le Breton and his eventual wife Elizabeth Newton. Our connection is thru Elizabeth's father John Newton who for second marriage chose Martha Isacke or however you spell it. Have also seen with two a's. Known details are as follows:

      1806 June 2         mar       John Newton, widower & Martha Isacke, spinster

      1807 Mar 16        bapt       William, son of Mr Newton (and presumably Martha)

      1807 Mar 21        mar      Capt J Le Breton, bachelor & E Newton , spinster (our rally plus daughter of John above from earlier marriage)

      1809 Feb 21          bapt      Martha, dau of John and Martha Newton

      1811 Oct 7            bur       Mrs Newton, native (Martha nee Isacke I presume)

      Hope this makes sense. Look forward to any help you can give.

      Regards

      Chas Le Breton

      New Zealand

      Hi,--- Charles Le Brenton.
      If you are able to post the names of your relatives who may be linked to the Isack family I shall check my files for a possible link, I currently have an approximately 130 individuals listed on my databank including spouses and siblings of the various derivatives of the Isack name and would be happy to check for any matches.

      Regards.
      Rob Hamilton.  Melbourne Australia